There are different options for sharing file or folder:
Share to Anyone with the Link: This option gives access to anyone who receives this link. This may include external user of your organization.
Share to Users in (Your Organization): This option gives any user in your organization who has the link access to the file or folder, if they receive it directly from shared user or forwarded from someone else.
Share to Userswith existing access: This option can be used by user who already has access to the file or folder. Just send a link to that user who already has access.
to Specific people: This option
gives access only to the specific user you specify. If the user forward the sharing
link to users who already have access to the file and folder.
How to Share a file or folder to Anyone with the Link in SharePoint Office 365.
Select the file or folder.
Click the Show Action in the right to folder or file.
4. In the Link Settings window, select Anyonewith the link. If this option is greyed out, it needs to be turned on in the SharePoint admin center.
5. Ticked mark on Allowing editing check box and enter an Expires date for the link .
6. Choose Apply.
7. In the SendLink window, enter your user’s email address, type a message and choose Send.
8. Your user will receive an email with your message with Link to your file or folder.
9. The user gets access to the contents of the folder or file shared.
Keywords: 1. Share a File or folder in SharePoint
Author: Softree Technology
TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Very Experienced team, Responsible and always available when it required. We were able to create a good product in a short amo...
Very quick contact. Got started early and we finished early. Great job - would use again
3i Telecom Ltd.
Excellent Work!! Great people to work with. I will use Softree Technology again soon!